LIBRARY VISIT I: Informative Speech Gentile
1. Compare sources of evidence
- "Student Debt" (CQ Researchers)
- "Student Debt" (Wikipedia)
- Student Loans and the Dynamics of Debt (eBook)
2. Browse topics and/or sources
- CQ Researcher - weekly reports on public policy issues. Try browsing Hot Topics or Most Viewed
- Gale Opposing Viewpoints - background on controversial issues. Try the Browse Issues page
- Pew Research Center - current public opinion polls and statistics.
3. Pick at least one report or article to review
4. Find a credible Website
5. Select your Best Sources
- Identify at least 3 oral footnotes you could use in your speech
LIBRARY VISIT II: Persuasive Speech Gentile
Selecting a topic and finding background information
- Look up your topic in Wikipedia. Review the References and External Links. Write down at least 5 keywords. Create a citation for your Wikipedia page.
- Look up your topic in CQ Researcher, Gale Virtual Reference Library, or Gale Opposing Viewpoints. Print or email the article you find. Create a citation for your article.
- Looking up your topic on the Pew Research Center website. Print or email the report you find. Create a citation for your report.