Last Updated: Jan 23, 2017
A complete list of open-access journals in religious studies can be found on the Directory of Open Access Journals web site.
- The Bible & Critical Theory
Explores the intersections between critical theory, understood in the broad sense, and biblical studies.
- Hope's Reason: A Journal of Apologetics
Provide academically sound apologetic resources that will equip Christians (pastor and layperson) to engage critics and to answer the questions of seekers.
- Intermountain West Journal of Religious Studies
- Journal for Cultural and Religious Theory
Disciplinary and interdisciplinary scholarship of a cutting-edge nature that deals broadly with the phenomenon of religious and cultural theory.
- Journal of Arabic and Islamic Studies
Promotes the study of history, language, literature and culture through the publication of research articles.
- Journal of Buddhist Ethics
Promotes the study of Buddhist ethics through the publication of research and book reviews and by hosting occasional online conferences. Our subject matter includes Medical Ethics, Human Rights, Ethics and Psychology, Ecology and the Environment, Social and Political Philosophy, Cross-cultural Ethics, Ethics and Anthropology, and Interfaith Dialogue on Ethics.
- Journal of Religion and Society
Promotes the study of religious groups and beliefs among the various peoples of the world, past and present, with emphasis on American religions and Western religious traditions.
- The Journal of the International Association of Tibetan Studies
Covers topics relating to the Tibetan plateau and southern Himalayan regions.
- The Journal of World Christianity
Seeks to explore inter-cultural, inter-confessional, and inter-religious dynamics of Christianity as a world religion.