Rule # 1: The Right Tool for the Job
Can you brush your teeth with a broom?
Would you look for a train to get you to Hawaii?
Think about the information you need, and then choose the right information tool! What would you use to find information on pesticide use in the Watsonville strawberry fields? The Cabrillo library catalog, a scholarly magazine article database, or the Santa Cruz Sentinel website?
Inorganic Chemistry for Health Occupations
A Toolbox of Tips and Techniques
We will cover:
- Choosing the right information tool
- Effectively using library catalogs to find books on a topic
- Some "universal" search techniques
- Finding periodical articles
- Documenting your resources
- Evaluating websites