Political Science 2
Before we get started
- Go to the Cabrillo College Library homepage (www.cabrillo.edu/services/library)
- Under Library Instruction, click on Course-Related Instruction
- Click on Political Science 2, M. Escover
- Bookmark/Favorite this page for quick access.
Find Periodical Articles
- From the Cabrillo College Library homepage, click on Articles and Databases
- Click on Academic Search Complete
- Click on “Advanced Search” and then enter keywords or terms related to your topic
- Click on the little box next to the word Full Text to limit your search to full-text articles only
- Explore the other possible options to “Limit your results”
- Click the Search button
Click on an article title to get to the screen with full information
For this assignment, you want an article that discusses some aspect of politics in a European country. You may already have a topic in mind. If not, try one of these:
- opposition parties in Great Britain
- British Parliament and terrorism
- politics in Germany [or some other European country]
Use quotation marks to keep words in phrases together, e.g., "opposition parties"
What did you find?
What's the article title? ____________________________________
In what periodical was it published? (Look where it says Source)
What's the date of the periodical? ___________
You can, of course, read articles on the computer screen. You can also save them, print them out, and even email them. Print and email options are at the top of your screen. The Library supports students doing research in the classroom by allowing you to print out up to 30 pages during this session. Printer is in the front of the classroom.
Explore some news sites on the Web
M. Escover; T. N. Smalley ; rev gr 8/2012