Topics and Services
- Open a Word document to record your research. Type in your name, then save to Desktop.
- Identify the Service or Topic you want to research.
Rich collections of browsable topics. You can email documents to yourself!
Oral Health Topics from The American Dental Association. In Spanish, too.
Oral Health Topics from Division Oral Health of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Check out the "Community Water Fluoridation" tab.
Community Information Database at Santa Cruz City/County Public Library provides information about many agencies and organizations in this area.To get an idea of how it works, type the word dental into the keyword search box on the right side of the screen.
Here are some direct links for some programs and agencies:
- California Child Health and Disability Prevention Program (CHDP)
- Dientes Community Dental Care
- Monterey County Health Department
- San Francisco Dept. of Public Health
- Santa Cruz County Child and Family Development Programs
- Santa Cruz County Migrant Head Start
- Santa Cruz County Health Services Agency
Is what you want to research not on this list? Then try your hand with a Google search. Go to Google.com. Use parentheses to hold words in phrases together. For example, if you were interested in dental sealant programs in Santa Cruz County, your search could look like this:
Using one or more of these approaches, search for a service to research.
On your Word document, record the contact information: names, addresses, phone numbers, URLs.