- Calisphere: California Cultures -- Hispanic Americans -- from California Digital Library
- Pew Hispanic Center -- data from the Pew Research Center on Hispanic demographics and social issues
- Hispanic American Records -- from the National Archives
- American Latino Heritage Projects -- from the National Parks Service
- Latino Public Broadcasting -- from PBS,short films & documentaries on many topics
- Immigracion y Educacion -- PBS series on immigration and education (Spanish)
- Latino Americans -- PBS series on Latino history
- Smithsonian Latino Center -- collections and resources from the Smithsonian
- Bracero History Archive -- from George Mason University
- Farmworker Movement Documentation Project -- from Si Se Puede Press primary sources accounts from UFW volunteers
- Voces: Veterans Oral History Project -- from the School of Journalism at the University of Texas at Austin
- LULAC History -- from the League of United Latin American's website
- Historic Mexican and Mexican-American Press -- from the University of Arizona historic Mexican and Mexican American publications
- La Opinion Digital --Full-text acces to historic Los Angeles Spanish-language newspaper
- Best of History Web Sites -- Categorized links to hundreds of evaluated sites
- History Net -- From Weider History Group
- History Reference -- From the Internet Public Library
- Internet Modern History Sourcebook -- Broad collection, from Fordham University
- Regional History Project-- Collection of oral histories and how to research from UCSC Library
- Santa Cruz County Local History -- Over 300 articles from Santa Cruz Public Library
- California Agricultural Workers' History Center -- from the Watsonville Public Library
- Santa Cruz Mountains -- Santa Cruz regional history from Hwy9.com
Chronologies & Timelines
- Anyday -- Extensive listings of birthdays, deaths, & historical events
On This Day in History -- Headlines, top shows, songs, birthdays, & more
This Day in History -- Historical events, from the HistoryChannel
HyperHistory Online -- Search People, History, Events, and Maps for different time periods.
- National Association of Chicano and Chicana Studies -- formed in 1972 t focus on issues pertaining to Mexican Americans, Chicana/os, and Latina/os.
- American Historical Association --Founded in 1884, the AHA includes teaching resources for all periods/geographic areas
- Organization of American Historians
Cabrillo College History Department
Authority -- what are the author's experience, credentials, or affiliations? What are their affiliations? look for sources with named authors who have the experience and knowledge
Credibility -- where is the author getting their information? Do they list their sources?
Audience/Purpose -- is the author speaking to a particular audience? Do they have a particular perspective, or agenda? Are they trying to sell you something?
Currency -- does the website have a date? Is it maintained and updated?