- Pew Research Center- research & statistics on public policy issues
- Public Policy Institute of California - research & statistics on public policy issues in California
- Santa Cruz County Assessment Project (2013) - in-depth data from surveys and community organizations on quality of life in Santa Cruz from the United Way
- Rand Corporation - research & statistics on public policy issues
- U.S. Census Bureau - population statistics
- Assessments & Career Exploration -- from Santa Cruz County College Committment (S4C)
- Occupational Outlook- information on job outlook, training, and pay for different occupations from the Burea of Labor Statistics
- Top Ten Study Skills -- from Stanford University's Teaching & Learning Center
- Learning Strategies -- from the Dartmouth Academic Success Center
Cabrillo College Sites
- Counseling Division Home Page
- Accessiblity Support Center
- Math Learning Center
- Writing Center
Consider the source use recognized authorities. Know who is responsible for the content.
Focus on quality all websites are not created equal. Does the site have an editorial board? Is the information reviewed before it is posted?
Be a cyberskeptic does the site make claims that seem too good to be true? Does it promise quick, dramatic, miraculous results?
Look for the evidence rely on research, not opinion. Does the site identify the author? Does it rely on testimonials?
Check for currency look for the latest information. Is the information current?
Beware of bias what is the purpose? Who is providing the funding? Who pays for the site?
Source: MedlinePlus Guide to Healthy Web Surfing 2012