CQ Researcher - in-depth analysis of current controversial issues
Pew Research Center - current surveys and data
Community College Research Center - from the Teacher's College at Columbia University
Santa Cruz County Assessment Project - current survey data on quality of life in Santa Cruz County
REFERENCESEARCH: BACKGROUND INFORMATION
- Research Strategy
- Talk with your group about your research questions
- Identify keywords
- Do some background research
- Use Advanced Google Search to find website on your topic
- Use Google News and ProQuest National Newspapers to find some newspaper articles
- Find at least one scholarly article using SuperSearch
- Add your best sources to our Barriers to Community College Success reference list using APA Citation
Start with your broad topic
Brainstorm specific research questions. What issues does this topic raise?
Keep asking questions such as who? Why? Where? What?
Continue to drill down your focus
Review your topic map. Which questions are you most interested in? Which are the best fit for your assignment? Highlight keywords and phrases you can use to search for information on this topic.
Source: UCLA Library Inquiry Labs