US CENSUS: QUICK FACTS
Authority -- what are the author's experience, credentials, or affiliations? What are their affiliations? look for sources with named authors who have the experience and knowledge
Credibility -- where is the author getting their information? Do they list their sources?
Audience/Purpose -- is the author speaking to a particular audience? Do they have a particular perspective, or agenda? Are they trying to sell you something?
Currency -- does the website have a date? Is it maintained and updated?
- Community College Research Center - from the Teacher's College at Columbia University
- Domestic Violence Cases - data on domestic violence from the Bureau of Justice Statistics
- EnviroFacts Data Warehouse - From the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting (FAIR) - A national media watchdog group staffed by journalists and activists
- National Institute of Health - resources & statistics on health
- Open Secret - tracks money in politics & its effect on elections and public policy. From the Center for Responsive Politics
- Polaris - data & resources on human trafficking
- Pew Research Center: Poverty
- Pew Research Center: Race & Ethnicity
- RP Group - research and planning data on Califonria Community Colleges
- State Homelessness Resource Map - from the U.S. Interagency Council on Homelessness
- United Nations - resources on human rights
- United Nations - resources on the environment
Santa Cruz County
- Santa Cruz County Assessment Project - current survey data on quality of life in Santa Cruz County
- Santa Cruz Public Library's Community Information Database - a database of human service resources available to people in Santa Cruz County