Databases: Background Information
- CQ Researcher - Includes original in-depth analysis of the most current major and controversial issues of the day.
- CREDO reference - Articles from hundreds of reference books, including encyclopedias, dictionaries, thesauri and books of quotations, and a range of subject-specific titles.
What is an Scholarly Article?
Scholarly articles are written by experts in the field and reviewed by experts in the field. They include a lot of research, data, and a list of references. They are published in scholarly, peer-reviewed journals.
|Popular articles are often written by journalists for a general audience and are not reviewed by experts in the field. Popular articles rarely include references|
To access databases from home, enter your library card number
- ProQuest Newspapers - Contains the complete text of the following newspapers: NY Times, LA Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, Christian Science Monitor.
- Newspaper Source Plus - Providesfull text for national and international newspapers
- ProQuest Historical New York Times - fulltext from 1851 to 2009
- Academic Search Complete - academic journals, magainzes, and newspapers covering all subjects
- MasterFILE Premier - magazines & newspapers covering all subjects
- EBSCOHost eBook Collection - The complete text of over 150,000 titles in varied subject areas.