Consider the Source - Know who is responsible for the content.
Focus on quality - All Web sites are not created equal. Does the site have an editorial board? Is the information reviewed before it is posted?
Look for the evidence - Rely on research, not opinion. Does the site identify the author? Does it rely on testimonials?
Check for currency - Look for the latest information Is the information current?
Beware of bias - what is the purpose? Who is providing the funding? Who pays for the site?
- Indicators of Alcohol and Other Drug Risk and Consequences for CA Counties: Santa Cruz County (2010) - from California Alcohol & Drug Programs
- Recovery Wave (Santa Cruz County Alcohol & Drug Abuse Commission)
- Santa Cruz County Assessment Project (2014) - data from surveys and community organizations on quality of life in Santa Cruz from the United Way
- Santa Cruz County Health Services Agency: Alcohol & Drug Services
- Santa Cruz Public Library Community Information Database
- Alcoholism (MedlinePlus)
- Drug Abuse (MedlinePlus)
- Substance Abuse Problems (MedlinePlus)
- National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA)
- NIDA: Commonly Abused Drugs
- NIDA: Drug Facts / NIDA: Información sobre drogas
- National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA)
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
- SAMHSA: National Survey on Drug Use and Health