This research guide is designed to help you find information for your research paper on a contemporary social issue using the library resources.
1. Find background information on the social issue researching
- CQ Researcher - Reports on public policy issues
- Gale Opposing Viewpoints in Context - Background on controversial issues
- CREDO reference - Subject encyclopedias & dictionaries
2. Find an article on the social issue you are researching
- Academic Search Complete - Scholarly journals, magazines, & newspapers
- ProQuest National Newspaper Core - Complete text of 5 key newspapers
- America: History & Life - Includes journal and book sources
3. Find a print book or an ebook on the social issue you are researching
4. Find statistics on the issue you are researching
- Pew Research Center - nonpartisan "fact tank" that conducts research on issues, attitudes, and trends in the United States
- Public Policy Institute of California - nonpartisan research on social, economic, and political issues in California
- RAND Corporation: State Statistics - Data on demographics, the economy, healthcare, education, and a range of other topics in California
1. Library Card Application You need a library card to access databases from home, checkout laptops, use textbooks on reserve
2. Network Account You need a network account to use Cabrillo computers or Wi-Fi on campus.
3. Printing Account. You can add money to your printing account at print pay stations located in the Watsonville CTC, the Aptos CTC, or the Library. For more information watch this Video on How to Print.