WHAT IS A SCHOLARLY ARTICLE
Scholarly articles are written by experts in the field and, additionally, reviewed by a panel experts in the field. They tend to include a lot of research and data, and the information in the article is backed up by a list of references.
Popular articles are often written by journalists for a general audience and are not reviewed by experts in the field. Popular articles rarely include references.
ANATOMY OF A SCHOLARLY ARTICLE
- Academic Search Complete - Scholarly journals, magazines, & newspapers on a wide range of topics
- MasterFILE Premier - Magazines & news sources
- ERIC - Journals and reports covering education
- Early Childhood Research & Practice - online journal from UIUC. See the most recent issue or search past issues
- Investigación y Práctica de la Niñez Temprana - revista electrónica de UIUC. Véase el número actual o busca en números pasados.