WHAT IS A SCHOLARLY ARTICLE?
Scholarly articles are written by experts in the field and, additionally, reviewed by a panel experts in the field. They tend to include a lot of research and data, and the information in the article is backed up by a list of references.
Popular articles are often written by journalists for a general audience and are not reviewed by experts in the field. Popular articles rarely include references.
For more detailed information on what a scholarly article looks like, see Anatomy of a Scholarly Article.
- Academic Search Complete - Scholarly journals, magazines, & newspapers on a wide range of topics
- MasterFILE Premier - Magazines & news sources
- ERIC - Journals and reports covering education
- ARTStor - high-resolution images from museums around the world
- Gale Biography - Detailed biographical information
- Health Source Nursing/Academic - Scholarly health periodicals
- Professional Development Collection - Scholarly sources covering education
- Psychology & Behavioral Sciences - Scholarly journal sources