What is an Scholarly Article?
Scholarly articles are written by experts in the field and reviewed by experts in the field. They include a lot of research, data, and a list of references. They are published in scholarly, peer-reviewed journals.
|Popular articles are often written by journalists for a general audience and are not reviewed by experts in the field. Popular articles rarely include references|
To access databases from home, enter your library card number
- Academic Search Complete - academic journals, magainzes, and newspapers
- MasterFILE Premier - magazines & newspapers covering all subjects
- CQ Researcher - reports on public policy issues
- Gale Opposing Viewpoints in Context - background on controversial issues
- CountryWatch - up-to-date information on all countries
- America: History & Life - history journals, magazines, and books
- ProQuest Newspapers - Full-text from 5 U.S. Newspapers: NY Times, LA Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, Christian Science Monitor.
- EBSCOHost eBook Collection - 150,000 titles in varied subject areas.