WHAT IS A SCHOLARLY ARTICLE?
Scholarly articles are written by experts in the field and reviewed by experts in the field. They include a lot of research, data, and a list of references. They are published in scholarly, peer-reviewed journals.
|Popular articles are often written by journalists for a general audience and are not reviewed by experts in the field. Popular articles rarely include references|
ANATOMY OF A SCHOLARLY ARTICLE
Use your Library Card to Access from Home
- Academic Search Complete - academic journals, magainzes, and newspapers
- MasterFILE Premier - magazines & newspapers covering all subjects
- CQ Researcher - reports on public policy issues
- CountryWatch - up-to-date information on all countries
- ProQuest Newspapers - Full-text from 5 U.S. Newspapers: NY Times, LA Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, Christian Science Monitor.
EBSCOHost eBook Collection - 150,000 titles in varied subject areas
KNOW YOUR SOURCES
Sara Seeley, Portland Community College
Gay and lesbian studies
Available at Cabrillo
Frontiers: A Journal of Women's Studies
Journal of Gender Studies
Studies in Gender & Sexuality
Available through Interlibrary Loan
American Sociological Review
American Journal of Sociology