PICKING A TOPIC
Open a blank Word document to record your answers. Type your name at the top of page and save to the Desktop. Follow the tabs above for steps to complete this exercise.
Topic A -- People who use methamphetamines present distinctive challenges to dental hygienists. What do dental hygienists need to know about meth users and what's being called "meth mouth?"
Topic B -- In working with immigrant communities, particularly those that are Latino, what does the dental hygienist need to know about oral health for Latino children?
Browse additional topics
- Oral Health Topics (The American Dental Association)
- Oral Health Topics (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Division of Oral Health)
- MouthHealthy: Top 10 Topics (The American Dental Association)
- Community Information Database (Santa Cruz Public Library) Search dental to find local resources
Record notes in your word document
- List your topic
- List your research questions
- Record any preliminary information you find
- List important keywords related to your topic
Open a blank Word document to record your answers. Type your name at the top of page and save to the Desktop.
1. Find a newspapers article on professional ethics
2. From the Library webisite, go to the Articles & Databases page and select ProQuest National Newspapers Core
3. Enter the search terms below
4. Select an article and email it to yourself. Be sure to select APA as your citation format
5. Return to your word doucment and summarize what you found
1. Go to Google News at try searching for articles on ethics. Play around with different keywords: ethics professional dentistry
2. Select 1 interesting article
3. Use the APA citation tab to create an APA citation for your article
4. Return to your word doucment and summarize what you found