GOOGLE SEARCH TOOLS
Consider the Source - Know who is responsible for the content.
Focus on quality - All Web sites are not created equal. Does the site have an editorial board? Is the information reviewed before it is posted?
Look for the evidence - Rely on research, not opinion. Does the site identify the author?
Check for currency - Look for the latest information Is the information current?
Beware of bias - What is the purpose? Who is providing the funding? Who pays for the site?
- Pew Research Center - nonpartisan research reports
- Public Policy Institute of California - nonpartisan research reports on California
- Rand - Reports on Energy & the Environment, Infrastructure and Transportation, and other topics.
- Santa Cruz County Assessment Project (2013) - data from surveys and community organizations on quality of life in Santa Cruz from the United Way
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention / Centros para el Control y la Prevención de Enfermedades
- Healthy Santa Cruz County –from the Santa Cruz Public Library, includes the Community Information Database
- Health Reports and Statistics -- from the Santa Cruz County Health Services
- Health Information & Research - health and vital statistics data from the California Department of Public Health
- Healthfinder.gov / Healthfinder.gov en Español – information on health & health care from the DHHS, consumer-oriented
- MEDLINEplus / MEDLINEplus en Español / MEDLINEplus other Languages - from the NLM, consumer-oriented
- National Institutes of Health—primary Medical research agency of the Department of Health & Human Services
- National Library of Medicine - research from the NIH, including reports from the Surgeon General &many other resources
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services