Consider the Source - Know who is responsible for the content.
Focus on quality - All Web sites are not created equal. Does the site have an editorial board? Is the information reviewed before it is posted?
Look for the evidence - Rely on research, not opinion. Does the site identify the author?
Check for currency - Look for the latest information Is the information current?
Beware of bias - What is the purpose? Who is providing the funding? Who pays for the site?
- Santa Cruz County Assessment Project (2015) - in-depth data on quality of life in Santa Cruz
- Santa Cruz Public Library's Community Information Database - community resources in Santa Cruz County
- Public Policy Institute of California - research public policy issues in California
- Pew Research Center - research on public policy issues in the United States
- Rand - research on public policy issues around the world
- Occupational Employment & Wages Santa Cruz-Watsonville, CA - from the Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Employment & Wages: Santa Cruz County - from the California Employment Development Department