- Chemdex -- Large international directory of chemistry on the Internet
- Chemical Sciences (Chemistry) -- Collected links from the Internet Public Library
- WWW Chemistry Guide -- Annotated guide to chemistry websites and tools
- American Elements -- Detailed information on all chemical elements
- ChemAlliance -- "Regulatory information for the chemical process industries."
- Chemical Database -- Search for chemicals by name, formula, or CAS number
- ChemSpider -- Chemical structure database from the Royal Society of Chemistry. Search by chemical name or structure.
- Common Chemistry -- Search by name or CAS number
- eMolecules -- Chemical name, formula, & structure searching (formerly Chmoogle)
- Green Chemistry Institute -- From the American Chemical Society
- Molecule of the Month -- Many molecule listings, with substantial background information
- SMILES -- Links & information covering the SMILES chemical nomenclature
- Web Elements -- Periodic table, from University of Sheffield, England
Cabrillo College Websites
Authority -- what are the author's experience, credentials, or affiliations? What are their affiliations? look for sources with named authors who have clear credentials
Credibility -- where is the author getting their information? Do they list their sources?
Audience/Purpose -- is the author speaking to a particular audience? Do they have a particular perspective, or agenda? Are they trying to sell you something?
Currency -- does the website have a date? Is it maintained and updated?