WHAT IS A SCHOLARLY ARTICLE?
Scholarly articles are written by experts in the field and, additionally, reviewed by a panel experts in the field. They include a lot of research and data, and the information in the article is backed up by a list of references. They are published in scholarly, peer-reviewed journals.
Popular articles are often written by journalists for a general audience and are not reviewed by experts in the field. Popular articles rarely include references
You need a Library Card to access these databases from off-campus
- Academic Search Complete - academic journals
- Psychology & Behavioral Sciences - academic psychology journals
- Medline - citations and some fulltext for biomedical journals
- Alt-HealthWatch - sources covering nontraditional health care
- Consumer Health Complete - Periodicals, books, and reports
- MasterFILE Premier - magazines & newspapers
- Advanced Search to focus & limit your search (e.g. limit to fulltext and Peer-Reviewed)
- Citation copy and past the APA citation
- Email email yourself the fulltext and the APA citation
- Print fulltext printing