Consider the Source - Know who is responsible for the content.
Focus on quality - All Web sites are not created equal. Does the site have an editorial board? Is the information reviewed before it is posted?
Look for the evidence - Rely on research, not opinion. Does the site identify the author? Does it rely on testimonials?
Check for currency - Look for the latest information Is the information current?
Beware of bias - what is the purpose? Who is providing the funding? Who pays for the site?
MLA Citation Websites
GOOGLE SEARCH TOOLS
- Library of Congress Performing Arts Encyclopedia
Primarily a guide to performing arts resources at the Library of Congress
- Internet Broadway Database (IBDB): The Official Source for Broadway Information:
Similar to the Internet Movie Database, IBDB (Internet Broadway Database) archive is the official database for Broadway theatre information
- The WWW Virtual Library for Theatre and Drama
Resources in more than 50 countries around the world
- Theatre History on the Web -- a compendium of links
- Performing Arts -- From the Internet Public Library
- Server Drama Collection -- Collection of historical and modern plays & screenplays
- Playbill Online
- PlayFinder -- Find plays by cast size & type, title, author, etc.
- Variety -- Premier source of entertainment news
- American Masters -- From PBS
- The History of Costume -- online book
- No Plays -- text of Noh (No) plays in Japanese and English
- Theatre Companies -- From Yahoo