GOOGLE SEARCH TOOLS
Consider the Source - Use recognized authorities. Know who is responsible for the content.
Focus on quality - All Web sites are not created equal. Is the information reviewed before it is posted?
Be a cyberskeptic - QDoes the site make claims that seem too good to be true? Does the information use deliberately obscure, "scientific" sounding language?
Look for the evidence - Rely on research, not opinion. Does the site identify the author?
Check for currency - Is the information current?
Beware of bias - what is the purpose? Who pays for the site?
Source: MedlinePlus Guide to Healthy Web Surfing 2015
RECOMMENDED ECE WEBSITES
- Early Childhood and Parenting Collaborative -- ERIC/EECE materials in English and Spanish
- Early Childhood Care and Education - from UNESCO
- MedlinePlus: Infant and Newborn Development - from the National Library of Medicine
- National Institute for Early Childhood Education Research
- Educator's Reference Desk-- Formerly AskERIC
- ERIC-- From National Library of Education
- Organización Mudial para la Educación Preescolar
- U.S. Department of Education: Recursos en español
- Colorín Colorado Información, actividades y asesoría a educadores y familias de estudiantes del idioma inglés como segundo idioma
- Zero to Three: National Center for Infants, Toddlers, and Families
- State of Preschool Yearbook - from National Institute for Early Education Research, includes data on California
- Kids Count Data Center: California - from the Annie E. Casey Foundation, demographics & data on economic well being
- Report Card on American Education -- State-by-state data from the American Legislative Exchange Council
- World Data on Education -- From UNESCO
- California Masters in Education -- A directory of nationally accredited Master's programs in education in California
- Educational Associations and Organizations -- From the U.S. DOE
- Masters in Education -- A state-by-state directory of nationally accredited Master's programs in education
- National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC)
APA Citation Websites
MLA Citation Websites