1. What is your research topic and what are your research questions?
2. What sources do you already have? Using existing sources to identify keywords and additional sources related to your topic
4. Search for sources from individual library databases:
- Literature Resource Center
- ProQuest National Newspapers
- CQ Researcher
- Health Source Nursing/Academic
Or search across several databases at once:
5. Document and annotate your sources using MLA citation
Background sources that provide context
Exhibit sources that illustrate the issue, e.g. primary sources
Argument expert witnesses, use to argue or complicate your argument. Credentials important here
Method framework, theoretical approach… most difficult, for more advanced students, students in their major (e.g. World Systems Theory, Feminist Framework, Marxism)
Consider your sources: what kind of information do they provide? How do they help you answer your research questions?