REFERENCESEARCH: BACKGROUND INFORMATION
WHAT IS A SCHOLARLY ARTICLE?
Scholarly articles are written by experts in the field and reviewed by experts in the field. They include a lot of research, data, and a list of references. They are published in scholarly, peer-reviewed journals.
|Popular articles are often written by journalists for a general audience and are not reviewed by experts in the field. Popular articles rarely include references|
ANATMOY OF A SCHOLARLY ARTICLE
To access databases from home, enter your library card number
- Academic Search Complete - academic journals, magazines, and newspapers covering all subjects
- MasterFILE Premier - magazines & newspapers covering all subjects
- CountryWatch - up-to-date information on all countries
- Health Source Nursing/Academic - academic journals & magazines in health
- Psychology & Behavioral Sciences - academic journal in psychology
- ProQuest Newspapers - Contains the complete text of the following newspapers: NY Times, LA Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, Christian Science Monitor.
- Newspaper Source Plus - Providesfull text for national and international newspapers
- EBSCOHost eBook Collection - The complete text of over 150,000 titles in varied subject areas
|Cite, print, or email your article!