Examples of Primary Sources
Sleepy Lagoon Defendents.1944. UCLA, Library Special Collections, Charles E. Young Research Library Calisphere.
Davies, Lawrence E. "Seek Basic Causes of Zoot Suit Fray." New York Times: 21. Jun 11 1943. ProQuest. Web. 11 Sep. 2013
What is a Primary Source?
Primary sources provide first-hand testimony or direct evidence on a subject. They are created by someone who experienced the period or event first hand. Examples include:
- diaries or correspondence
- autobiographies and oral histories
- photographs and illustrations
- newspaper articles (from the time period)
- pamphlets, broadsides, or other ephemera
Source: What are Primary Sources (Yale University)