FIND BOOKS, VIDEOS, AND MORE
1. Library Card Application You need a library card to access databases from home, checkout laptops, use textbooks on reserve
2. Network Account You need a network account to use Cabrillo computers or Wi-Fi on campus.
3. Printing Account. You can add money to your printing account at print pay stations located in the Watsonville CTC, the Watsonville ILC, the Aptos CTC, or the Library. For more information watch this Video on How to Print.
This research guide is designed to help you find sources for your social analysis paper. You can navigate through the guide by using the tabs above.
Library Assignment I
1. Find sources on your subjects with the use of one or all of the following databases
Search for an article on your subject (for example, protests and demonstrations)
Within your results, search for related information using the links (for example, social justice)
Search for an article on your subject (for example, Martin Luther King, Jr.)
Browse various sources related to subject search (academic journals, primary sources, etc)
Search for an article on your subject (for example, social movements)
Use "Refine Results" features to narrow search
Search The New York Times for an article on your subject (coverage between 1851 and 2012)
Search current U.S. newspapers including The New York Times, Washington Post, Wall Street Journal, Los Angeles Times, Christian Science Monitor, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, The Boston Globe, Chicago Tribune, The Denver Post and USA Today for an article on your subject.
Search national and international newspapers for an article on your subject
Use "Refine Results" features (specifically subject and publication) to narrow search
2. Create in-text citation and a works cited list using MLA citation
For help, use the MLA Citation Guide