This research guide is designed to help you find information for your ENGL 1A assignments using the library resources.
1. Find background information on the type of work you are researching:
- 150 Best Jobs for a Better World (EBSCO ebooks)
- Top 100 Careers Without a Four-year Degree (EBSCO ebooks)
- 250 Best Jobs Through Apprenticeships (EBSCO ebooks)
- Careers After the Armed Forces (EBSCO ebooks)
- Top 300 Careers (EBSCO ebooks)
- Key Concepts in Work (Credo Reference)
- Historical Encyclopedia of American Labor (Credo Reference)
- The American Economy: A Historical Encyclopedia (Credo Reference)
2. Look up the type of work you are researching in Occupational Outlook
3. Use keywords to look for an article in the databases
4. Use keywords to look for a book
5. Searching & evaluating websites
1. Library Card Application You need a library card to access databases from home, checkout laptops, use textbooks on reserve
2. Network Account You need a network account to use Cabrillo computers or Wi-Fi on campus.
3. Printing Account. You can add money to your printing account at print pay stations located in the Watsonville CTC, the Aptos CTC, or the Library. For more information watch this Video on How to Print.