Find Books, Videos, and more
African American History Month
Introduce an African American
[Unidentified African American soldier in Union uniform with wife and two daughters] from the Library of Congress
1. Use Gale Biography In Context to select an African American you want to introduce to the class. If you are still looking for a person, try these reference sources:
- African Americans (Gale Encyclopedia of Multicultural America)
- African American Poetry (Princeton Encylopedia of Poetry & Poetics)
- U.S. Politics and Society: African American Social Movements (The Encyclopedia of Political Science)
2. Find at least one article
3. Draft a MLA citation and annotation for your article
4. Search for a book by or about your person in the Library Catalog
831 479 6150
1. Library Card Application You need a library card to access databases from home, checkout laptops, use textbooks on reserve
2. Network Account You need a network account to use Cabrillo computers or Wi-Fi on campus.
3. Printing Account. You can add money to your printing account at print pay stations located in the Watsonville CTC, the Aptos CTC, or the Library. For more information watch this Video on How to Print.