NEW HISTORY BOOKS!
Library Visit I In this session we will discuss how to develop research questions, the types of sources historians use, some places to search for sources, and the Chicago citation style.
- Find a Print Book and an eBook
- Find a Primary Source
- Find two Articles from the library Databases
- Revisit your Research Questions
Library Visit II
WATSONVILLE LIBRARY ASSIGNMENT
Library Visit In this session we will discuss how to research like historians, explore the different types of sources historians use, and discover some places to search for sources.
With your group, you will find one of the following on your given topic:
- eBook from the EBSCO Host ebook Collection
- Primary Source with the use of Docs Teach
- Articles from the library database, America History and Life with Full Text
With the use of the worksheet prompts, each group will present on their findings.
PORTRAIT OF THE ARTIST AS THE VIRGIN OF GUADALUPE
Fig. 1. Yolanda M. Lopez, Portrait of the Artist as the Virgin of Guadalupe. Painting. University of California, San Diego. Available from: ARTstor, http://0-library.artstor.org.library.cabrillo.edu/library/secure/ViewImages?id=8CJGczI9NzldLS1WEDhzTnkrX3oqeF5xeSc%3D (accessed September 12, 2013).