Classwork: Book Sources
1. Get a library card
2. Get oriented to the Library of Congress classification system used to organized collections in university libraries
3. Research a topic in Western History before 1648 using:
- Reference books
- Print books
- Books from other libraries (Interlibrary Loan)
Homework: Research Log
- Document the sources you find for your research paper using a consistent citation style (Chicago or MLA)
- Note the places you've looked for sources (library catalog, databases, WorldCat, UCSC, Google Books, etc.)
- Keep track of your keywords
- Keep track of your research questions: have they changed? Have they gotten more focused and specific?
- What other information do you need? Where might you find it? Have you asked for help at the library?