1. Library Card Application You need a library card to access databases from home, checkout laptops, use textbooks on reserve
2. Network Account You need a network account to use Cabrillo computers or Wi-Fi on campus.
3. Printing Account. You can add money to your printing account at print pay stations located in the Watsonville CTC, the Aptos CTC, or the Library. For more information watch this Video on How to Print.
- Research Questions & Keywords: write down questions and keywords associated with your topic. Use CQ Researcher, Opposing Viewpoints, Pew Research Center , or wikipedia to get oriented to your topic.
- Find articles using the library databases (use SuperSearch).
- Find newspaper articles (use ProQuest National Newspapers Core).
- Find news articles from Google News (set up a news alert).
- Pick your best source. Identify their research questions, keywords, and references.
- Cite your sources using APA citation
Start with your broad topic
Brainstorm specific research questions. Try asking questions such as Why? Who? How? When? Where? In what ways?
|Look for broad questions that can be further divided into more narrow, specific questions.
|And continue to narrow your focus...||
Review your topic map. Which questions are you most interested in? Which are the best fit for your assignment? Highlight keywords and phrases you can use to search for information on this topic.
Source: UCLA Library Inquiry Labs