- Brainstorm your research questions and keywords
- Find articles on your topic using the library databases
- Analyze your best source and use it to find additional sources
- Find articles on your topic using Google Scholar
- Find a book -- print or electronic
- Order any books or article you need through Interlibrary Loan
Draw a circle in the middle of a blank piece of paper. Inside the circle, put your idea for a paper topic
Brainstorm as many questions as you can about your topic. Try asking questions such as Why? Who? How? When? Where? In what ways?
Look for broad questions that can be further divided into more narrow, specific questions. If you run out of ideas ask a friend or classmate for help -- what questions do they have about your topic?
Continue to narrow your topic by asking questions about culture, geography, demographics, time periods, and historical events.
1. Library Card Application You need a library card to access databases from home, checkout laptops, use textbooks on reserve
2. Network Account You need a network account to use Cabrillo computers or Wi-Fi on campus.
3. Printing Account. You can add money to your printing account at print pay stations located in the Watsonville CTC, the Aptos CTC, or the Library. For more information watch this Video on How to Print.